Founded in 2017, Self Space was launched to help address a growing need for accessible and contemporary mental health support. Our mission is to have a Self Space on every High Street and transform and modernise mental health culture by supporting individuals and companies to reach their full potential. Our Vision is to create a more emotionally healthy world through progressive therapy and psychoeducational. We have 5 locations throughout the UK and have plans to expand into at least two others in 2024. We deliver excellent services and we are growing, quickly so the right candidate will need to have the future not only in mind but clearly in their sights.
We live and breathe by our values and are not afraid to shout about them
Our Values are:
- We keep clients at the heart of what we do
- We’re radically compassionate
- We say what needs to be said
- We’re compassionately disruptive
- We take care of ourselves seriously
- We take responsibility
- We feedback generously
Who we are looking for:
We are looking for a strategic leader with excellent clinical experience and proven track record of leading teams of clinicians, ideally in a startup company, to help drive us to the next level of service offerings. We are industry leaders and are looking for a qualified (Degree or higher) therapist who has experience in not only leading a clinical team but driving an organisation forward, whilst ensuring clinical excellence across the board.
The successful candidate will be responsible for developing and delivering a strategic plan for the continued evolution of the services and implementation of improvement strategies across all aspects of the organisation. You will be responsible for all aspects of clinical service delivery including overseeing Clinical services, psychoeducation, staff acquisition and retention, standards adherence, pastoral care for clinicians, safeguarding considerations, training and policy oversight and will be a key player in our leadership team, bringing the clinical narrative to other areas of the business. You will work closely with the customer success team to ensure outstanding ops from a client experience, oversee our placement scheme and work closely with other departments on the introduction of new products and services.
We aim to shift culture in the mental health space, while keeping clinical excellence at the heart of everything we do.
As a key member of the senior leadership team you will be responsible for supporting and developing areas of business
where clinical input is required including but not limited to site expansion, project/product development, service
delivery and supporting other leaders in developing the company forwards towards our goal of 10 centres in 10 cities.
You will be responsible for all aspects of clinical and operational service delivery and be the nominated safeguarding
and data protection lead for the organisation.
Including but not limited to
- Providing strategic leadership and direction to all clinical functions in the organisation
- Developing and implementing effective operational strategies to optimise client care pathways, enhance service efficiency, and maintain high levels of client satisfaction.
- Overseeing the management of resources, budgets, and staffing requirements to ensure the effective and efficient functioning of all areas of service delivery.
- Fostering a culture of continuous learning and professional development among the clinical team, encouraging innovation and the adoption of best-practice.
- You will be responsible for the provision of out of hours support and ensure the continuity of the service is maintained through growth and development.
- You will lead a team who will manage the everyday pastoral needs of the company and whilst maintaining organisational ownership that is derogated to others will ensure any issues escalated from the team are managed appropriately.
- Ensures delivery of the highest level of clinical and therapeutic care together with ensuring compliance with statutory regulations and current legislation, meeting quality standards and delivering against quality performance indicators.
- Provides leadership, organisation and coordination to ensure effective clinical governance.
- Responsible for the implementation of effective clinical interventions and ensure that interventions are designed to enhance the operation and quality of clinical services and are aligned to best practice.
- Manages the delivery of the clinical services business plan ensuring the effective and efficient management and control of staffing, budgets, materials and equipment.
- Promotes an effective working relationship across the multidisciplinary teams.
- Responsible for ensuring that Senior Clinicians are using the on call rota effectively and are rostering at least 12 weeks in advance.
- Accountable for ensuring timely completion and implementation of action plans in respect of regulatory and corporate requirements.
- To ensure relevant staff work within the standards and frameworks of professional codes of conduct and to take remedial action as appropriate.
- Responsible for ensuring the staffing models are adhered to in the clinical services team, maintaining safe staffing levels.
- Manages and develops a highly skilled and motivated workforce.
- Links with local universities to build a pipeline of student therapists into the organisation including, where appropriate, to carry out seminars / lectures and recruitment campaigns to raise the profile of the company.
- Ensures that all employees have the opportunities to further develop their careers and encourages and supports CPD applications.
- Responsible for ensuring that all colleagues receive clinical supervision in accordance with professional guidelines and carries out management supervision as appropriate.
- Ensures clinical services comply with statutory regulations and current legislation meets quality standards and delivers against key performance indicators.
- Ensure site objectives are being met and encouraging a high quality of service.
- Contributes to the development of Self Space policies, procedures, processes and initiatives.
- When required you will deputise for the founders and be the talking head of the organisation. Where required you will support other leaders in delivering projects and organisational change, deputising at times where required.
Key Responsibilities Detail
Leading a multidisciplinary team
You will lead a team of therapeutically trained clinicians in all aspects of service delivery and development (therapy and psychoeducation) including excellence in
service, CPD for clinicians, staff utilisation, strategic oversight and governance
Creating and delivering the clinical service strategy
In coordination with other teams create and deliver a strategy that covers the clinical service delivery in line with our strategic goals of expanding out fixed locations throughout the UK and beyond
Promoting and actively managing a client workload and
You will be responsible for the delivery of high quality service in all aspects of clinical work and ensuring standards required are met. This will include (but not
limited to) checking accuracy of records, efficient use of the rooms and systems, complaint resolution in line with policy, training and professional membership and regulatory compliance (DBS/ICO etc).
Pastoral Care Lead
You will be responsible for supporting our clinical team as they discharge their roles in delivering excellent therapy.
Lead the team of Self Space therapists in relation to line management.
You will be required to manage a team who will be the points of contact for all therapists and education deliverers and will oversee any interventions, taking responsibility where the issue requires a higher level of input or ownership.
Where required you will deputise for the founders and will regularly lead the other Senior Leaders in meetings and training days in order to ensure the organisation functions efficiently.
To uphold and maintain Self Space values and intervene when others do not.
Whilst epitomising Self Space values and standards yourself you will at times be required to identify and action occasions where Self Space values and standards
have been found to be wanting.
Be responsible for internal CPD including, but not limited to, peer skill sharing sessions, fee paid CPD from external sources, and developmental opportunities as
and when they are identified.
You will be responsible for the development and nurturing of the clinical team and will when required deliver or facilitate the delivery of training. This is to ensure the talent we hold in the team is promulgated throughout all areas of the organisation. Peer skill share sessions with diverse and bright peers. Learning from
clinical psychologists to arts therapists, allowing therapists to deepen their practice and learn new skills.
Growth from inside.
To oversee the development and performance of the Senior Clinicians
To be responsible for performance and CPD of the Senior Clinicians or any other line reports allocated to the role in due course.
Manage the Student Placement Scheme
To be the nominated manager for the student placement scheme and ensure it is managed from end to end and in line with the requirements of UEL and BACP
Manage the enhanced assessment scheme
To effectively manage the enhanced assessment scheme including arranging the assessments, carrying them out where required, de-briefing the outcomes and managing the customer progress as a result of the assessments.
Knowledge and Skills: Essential
- Degree level or above in a therapeutic field
- At least 5 years of post-qualification experience
- Experience in managing a clinical service and multi-disciplinary team
- Strategic thinking
- Leading a team
- Providing excellent therapy and the ability to maintain a caseload
- Ability to make sound decisions in line with the Self Space decision-making policy
- Safeguarding Experience
Knowledge and Skills: Desirable
- Organisational Awareness
You will be based in one of our fixed locations and will operate from there (to be discussed with successful applicants).
The post will be confirmed following a successful reviews at months 1, 3 and 6.