Coaching and Therapy Liability Waiver
This waiver of liability includes any risk of attending space sessions, engaging in Skype sessions, coaching or attending any events, workshops or other services provided by the Self Space. Please see the detail below:
- Clients using Self Space services will understand that these services are not offered as a substitute for clinical mental health care or medical care and are not intended to diagnose, treat or cure any mental health or medical conditions. You should also understand that their therapist or coach is not acting as a medical professional.
- You will understand and agree that you are fully responsible for your own well-being during your coaching and therapy sessions, and subsequently, your choices and decisions.
- You will understand that as a practice we note share between therapists so that all practitioners working with you can keep abreast of your story. Only practitioners working with you will see your notes. This will always be done in a confidential way respecting your privacy and integrity.
- You will also understand that all comments and ideas offered by a therapist/coach are solely for the purpose of aiding you in achieving your defined goals in order to improve or enhance your mental wellbeing or mental maintenance. You will be able to give informed consent, and hereby give such consent to your therapist/coach to assist you in achieving such goals. Where we think it is in the interest of your well-being, we may contact your GP to share relevant information.
- You will have understood that the use of technology is not always secure and accept the risks of confidentiality in the use of email, text, phone, Skype and other technology.
- You hereby release, waive, acquit and forever discharge your therapist/coach, any agents, successors, assigns, personal representatives, executors, heirs and employees from every claim, suit action, demand or right to compensation for damages claimed or that you may have arising out of your own acts or omissions or acts and omissions of your Therapist/Coach as a result of any advice given otherwise resulting from the therapeutic/coaching relationship contemplated by this agreement. You further declare and represent that no promise, inducement or agreement not expressed in this agreement has been made.
- Self Space and your therapist reserve the right to refuse access to the service.For all international clients all therapy and counselling services are undertaken in accordance with the laws of the practitioner’s own country and any disputes will be subject to that country’s law.